- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience as a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or customer-facing role.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: cloud migration, disaster recovery, application/servers assessment, or discovery.
- Ability to speak and write in English and German fluently.
- Experience with data center architectures and components.
- Experience in areas of networking (i.e., Linux, software-defined networking, network virtualization, open protocols, application acceleration and load balancing, DNS, and virtual private networks and their application to PaaS and IaaS technologies).
- Experience with public cloud platforms, including infrastructure, and storage.
- Experience with deployment methodologies and technologies (e.g., CI/CD, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.).
- Experience with Linux system administration and/or Enterprise applications.
- Experience in advanced security (e.g., Authentication Protocols, Identity and Access Management Systems, etc.).
About the job
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You listen and deliver what is most helpful for the customer. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
As a Sales Engineer, you will work with the Sales team to introduce Google Cloud to our customers. You'll help customers and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, develop creative cloud solutions and architectures to solve their business challenges, and problem-solve any potential technical roadblocks. You will actively identify new customer opportunities and engage them to help them to understand what Google Cloud can solve.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
- Inspire customers and peers to solve difficult problems with solutions leveraging a sophisticated set of technical competences.
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify customer technical objections, and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Own and develop the relationship with Google’s customers, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of additional technical resources.
- Work with customers to demonstrate and prototype Google Cloud product integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Recommend migration strategies, enterprise architectures, migration tools, and cloud infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Google Cloud.